Sunday, October 12, 2008

ISU vs. Baylor = Unfortunate

One of my co-workers, Brianna Rasmussen, went to Baylor. When I first met her (almost a year ago) and found out she went there, I immediately thought about how ISU would play her team in hopes to have some sort of tick mark in the win column that season. With that in mind, I told her about this ISU alumni bar in Long Beach were we could watch the game. I figured we would win, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to bring 1 Baylor fan to an ISU alumni game watching location. Wrong. To back up for a moment, I had been receiving alumni emails for the past 4.5 years. Recently, I decided to actually read one. It was worth it. They explained how the local ISU fans gather at a bar in Long Beach (about 30 min. north) to watch the games. Brad and I loved the thought of meeting up with more Iowa folks so we decided to finally take advantage of the alumni emails. Here is the Iowa representation yesterday: Boone, Spencer, Fort Dodge, Lehigh, Perry (myself), and Grimes (B-rad). There were also people from Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin who went to Iastate, but were not from Iowa. Go Cyclones! Anyway, we thought it was pretty exciting to know people from rural Iowa ended up with a similar life as us. End of story goes something like this...we lost. Again.

Here are some other updates:
1. I got summoned for Jury Duty.
2. My sister and James come into town next Wednesday.
3. Gizzy and Smokey are still not friends.
4. I colored my hair darker.
5. We are coming to Iowa for Christmas!


Brad and I

Brianna (Baylor's only fan) and Myself

While Smokey is Asleep

No comments: