Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dragon Fruit Attempt

So I work next to a shopping center that has many interesting stores. One of them is a supermarket. How is that interesting, you ask? It is called Mother's Market (we call it Mom's House), and it's a great source for exotic fruits, tofu turkey (in California we call it Tofurkey), multivitamins made from natural and organic weeds (more of an exaggeration...), Orange County housewives, etc. etc. This past week, I caved to the fruit display. Who wouldn't? It was perfectly placed right in the front door, and the fruit is PINK! C'mon, any girl with a long work day would have caved. So, I brought it back to work, showed it to the girls, and saved it for Brad and I that evening. Brad is a fruit lover, and I am more of a veggie girl, so I thought it would be a perfect "present" for him. As I was cutting it open, I browsed back at the receipt to realize I had paid $9.18. For one. It had better be good. What is this fruit, you ask? Well, it's called dragon fruit. Brad thought it was that expensive because it was actually made from dragons. Nice try--it is actually from a cactus plant. I took some pictures for my own pleasure, so here they are. The fruit tastes similar to kiwi, but less sweet. Was it worth the big bucks? Not really. Am I glad I made the attempt? Yes. Maybe it will come up in conversation some day and I will be able to join in. Wishful thinking.

I am also posting more pictures of the cats. I have an addiction...


Dragon Fruit: Interior and Exterior, Respectively

Sleepy Peanut...

Don't be Fooled...She Bites

A Smokey Close Up

1 comment:

gshuitt said...

Kitties are cute as usual. It will be interesting to hear what Julie and James think of Gizzy.

The Dragon fruit looked interesting, but probably not worth the price.